Sunday, September 6, 2009

Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes....


With these changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes
Nothing remains quite the same
With all of my running and all of my cunning
If I couldn't laugh I just would go insane
--Jimmy Buffet

First staff (monthly) meeting this Wednesday
Collaboration and autonomy are living terms
PLC team (6 of us) scheduled to meet and share scoring of BOY writing samples
Back to School Night one week into school, 25% parents in attendance :(
PLC meeting stopped promptly at 10AM
Valet car service not so bad, but as daily duty---argh!
My student who cannot pronounce my name and calls me "teacher" gives me spontaneous hugs which melt my heart daily
My kids let me know faithfully when I have forgotten to read aloud to them daily (another time my heart melts)
Need help? Call Ghostbusters....er I mean support staff....they are there in a flash
Still having trouble seeing how the HM Shared Reading is going to get everyone to grade level
Will have a group of 3, and one of 4, for GR--optimistic we will gain many levels!

Change is inevitable and healthy!

PS: I only "graze" truck drivers who stupidly stand in the road with my rear view mirror....Jim you are safe!




1 comment:

ellen said...

I hear you about HM really teaching the reading strategies-it seems to "all over the place."
Miss you,
Ellen